Industrial Extension Service
Hazard Communication: Ensuring Compliance with the Global Harmonization System
NOTE: This is an online training package. Click “Add to Cart” to purchase and begin. (Access will be granted when payment is received.)
OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). As a result, all workplaces that handle, store, and use hazardous chemicals were required to provide training to workers by December 1, 2013.
To assist you with compliance, this online training package, complete with downloadable materials, is designed to provide everything you need to train your employees on the new requirements.
This online compliance toolkit is intended for personnel responsible for implementing and training for Hazard Communication in the workplace, including:
- Safety officers;
- Safety committee members; and
- Any individuals responsible for implementing Hazard Communication in the workplace.
How you benefit:
- Understand the key changes to OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) 29 CFR 1910.1200.
- Be prepared to comply with the OSHA's Hazard Communication training.
- Be prepared to comply with ongoing training required under OSHA's HCS.
Once you have learned the new requirements for Hazard Communication, you will be able to download training resources to customize for your business needs, including:
- PowerPoint Presentations featuring GHS Labels, Pictograms and Safety Data Sheets
- Instructor Notes for each presentation
- Sample Attendance Roster
- Sample Completion Certificate
- Module 1: Understanding the Changes
- Module 2: Developing a Compliant Program
- Module 3: Training Required by December 1, 2013 (including downloadable training resources)
Four (4) contact hours represents the estimated time to review all modules. However, actual times may vary from user to user.
Holli Singleton, is the Assistant Director for Safety and Health Services for the Southeastern OSHA Training Institute Education Center at NC State University Industrial Extension Service. She develops and presents continuing education courses on OSHA Standards and OSHA Outreach Trainer Courses for General Industry, OSHA Recordkeeping, OSHA Hazard Communication, Accident Investigation, and other safety and health topics. Holli conducts work site assessments for North Carolina employers, and consults and trains them in regulatory compliance.
Holli has a B.S. in health education from UNC-Greensboro.
This toolkit is available online, 24/7.
Upon approval of your purchase and successful check-out, you will be securely linked to this online toolkit. This purchase entitles a single user to access the toolkit for six (6) months.
Click “Add to Cart” above to purchase and begin.